Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 —> -4˚C / +24˚F & very grey and drab with almost invisibly falling snow @3:15 pm in Atlantic Canada — Imported from “Mirror Blog” two days later —
– Faer Kingdoms – Deserted Manor Houses at Dawn –
— One of our first glimpses of a parallel world within a parallel world – In this case it’s an anomaly-created ‘pocket dimension’ called, “The Faer Kingdoms”. This is an area where mythical creatures and “The People Of The Glenn” live side by side with humans and elves and upright bi-pedal Cat-People – among others.
– Cavern Details – A guide named Daerenn led us part of the way to safety through a cavern that had been formed by rushing water from melting glaciers eons ago. –
— This cavern is mostly stable with wild portals opening in random spots from time to time. In a lot of areas it’s dark and scary, in others, engineers have been able to chip away excess stone near deposits of fairly clear white or perfectly clear colourless crystals in the ceiling and set up mirrors and lenses to amplify and focus daylight into the interior of the cavern so sights such as this one are spectacular –
– Examples of Wild Portals springing up – Not inside the cavern –
— Guards rush to stand near wild portals on a dark and stormy night in a section of the Faer Kingdoms. This was just before a really intense lightning storm and the kind of downpour that produced flash flooding everywhere.
– Doug hinted that there were several areas where various guides warned us, “Don’t Look Down!” This was one of those areas. –
— Luckily, most of the guides and guards in this cavern are hyper-vigilant and not afraid to body slam somebody who looks slightly woozy against a wall when they might just pass our and teeter over the edge. There was a deep pool of water at the bottom of this drop. We were warned that some pools can be extremely toxic.
– Moonlight channeled through crystals –
— On a night with a brilliant full moon outside the cavern, the engineers were able to filter that moonlight through crystals and flood areas of the cavern with bright, nearly magical light.
– Crystal deposits – Colourful glowing crystals light up some dark spots. –
— Her name is Eslyn, she’s a guard – and she told us, “When we dress like this, a lot of guys can’t think straight – Sometimes we need all the unfair advantage we can get.” She smiled. Other guards glared at us like, “You’re not supposed to look!”
– Vollffe was another guide/guard. He told us that many guides and guards adopt flashy dress to suggest to potential looters and vandals that they’re already rich enough so bribery would be out of the question. –
— Rods and shards of mined crystals litter the floor while scars from miners’ picks and other implements of destruction are plainly visible in the walls of this section of the cavern.
– When we glanced back at the cavern’s entrance/exit once we could see again in daylight. This is what we saw –
— The Faer Kingdoms landscapes, and many other features there – exhibited much richer colours than we were used to in our ‘normal world’.
– Dhoreena is an artist and a gentle soul from our world who became fascinated with this dimension and stayed on to capture as much of it as she could in paintings and occasional contraband camera photographs. –
— When our eyes became adjusted to daylight again, an artist named Dhoreena greeted us and led us to a safe hostel where the food wasn’t bad and the beds were a lot more comfortable than sleeping on the cold hard stone in the cavern had been. She admitted that she came from our world, said something about a designation “Earth – North America-Canada-Mexico Number Minus Five” – And mentioned that the only difference between minus three and minus five was the borders of Maine and New Brunswick. Presque Isle is part of New Brunswick in her world. She also told us that she’d heard rumours of a dimension in which Robert Kennedy avoided assassination, where the Psychiatrist who hypnotized Sirhan Sirhan confessed to trying to set up the hapless immigrant as a diversion for the man dressed as a security guard – who suffered a broken neck when a football player near Bobby Kennedy saw the gun in his hand – and Bobby went on to become a three term President of the USA and jailed the manipulators of the Federal Reserve Bank and the Economy, in her words, “Went Gang-Busters!” She also told us that she didn’t mind that the locals had her change the spelling of her name to reflect their customs.
— I probably need to come back and say a lot more, but I can do that later –
Comments Are Off.